Need a laptop: no idea what to get

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trancidonia

im looking for a laptop that's around $500~700

what im looking for is something that has high processing and i would use it to do stuff on the internet and common presentation use and general appliances such as photoshop for example but im not going to use it for gaming

some ppl suggest me asus k50ab but i heard it's for gaming
some ppl suggest inspiron 14

some people suggest me to get a lenovo thinkpad series since im looking for durability, my friend bought one too and so far only his battery is a little funky

since i know basically nothing about laptop
which one should i pick?
which one would you suggest me to get?

We have found over the years that the Lenovo is the most reliable, though more costly, than any other. I have owned over 30 of them, and still use them as loaners when working on someone's computer.
ASUS is developing an excellent reputation as a laptop builder. Some Toshiba's and Some HP or Compaq are good. I like Dells in the upper half of the Dell price range. I would stay away from Sony, Acer, eMachines, Gateway, and no-name brands.h

so with your input
basically saying

i should get a lenovo and asus second
coz what im looking for is reliability

thank you very much

how ever i have seen some reviews for lenovo in youtube and its sort of bothering me
for example lenovo SL400 having so and so
should i reconsider or should i just give lenovo a go before i put my money?

hi there

i have an acer and have had no problems with it

also know a lot of other people with basic model acers no problems

each to his or her own

just my 2 cents worth

all i can say is have a good look around and check out prices and specs

keith

What ever you consider, get your hands on it and try it. Talk to others who own one. Do not rely on a catalog or online purchase.

I'd love to hear if anyone has opinions on the Lenovo ThinkPad x200 or x200s. My boss is thinking of one as a replacement for his Lenovo X61. Areas where X61 didn't perform that well and we're hoping for improvement:
1. Speed - it seems to take forever to boot up and shut down, and regular word processing/excel/database functions all seem slower that expected. Processor speed would increase in the range of 0.75-1 Ghz in a move from the X61 to the X200.
2. Screen brightness - the laptop is almost unusable in the passenger seat of a car or outside.

Lenovo & Asus is the way to go. Low end Dell is using ECS or other low end factory and they are as bad as HP Compaq. However, Acer is getting more popular and keep watching out the slim notebook with Intel SU series low power cpu so long battery from 8 hrs to 12 hrs. Price is dropping to high $500 now on slim full power notebook, a lot of choices out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back