Need a new video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havok

I've got an nVidia Geforce 6200, 256 video memory and i was trying to find a good upgrade from that.

Windows Xp proffesional
No PCI Xpress 16
4 PCI
1AGP x8 3.0

I was sorta lookin for a graphics card that would run on AGP but i dont know which would run better or have better options- an AGP card or an PCI card (note that i dont have the PCI x16 xpress slot =(

Any reccomandations would be apreciated :)

AGP is a better option than PCI. Your PSU specifications will be needed, so open up your case and post all the information from the PSU sticker. A typical PSU sticker looks like this.
sn41g2v2_psu_sticker.jpg

Ok heres the PSU specs (300W PSU)

Part Number:IW-ISP300J2-0 General

Device Type Power supply - Internal Specification Compliance ATX12V

Width 4.9 in
Depth 5.5 in
Height 3.4 in

Input Voltage AC 115/230 V Input Connector(s) 1.0 x Power Power Provided 300.0

Watt Expansion / Connectivity

Interfaces None

Not a good PSU, especially for a decent video card. You will need a new one.

Where are you located? And what is your budget like? Will you be willing to buy online?

Live in the united states and, i know, im needing a new power supply and i'll probably buy online
I do have a Xilence power supply on-hand but im havin a couple of problems getting it to run wont turn on the pc but im gettin closer i'l probably have it set and done by the end of the day

It is best to buy a reliable PSU with decent internals and technologies like Active PFC that help you save on your power bill. That Xilence PSU is not one of them.

If you want, you can get the Antec EA430 on Newegg for $50 with free shipping. It is a far superior choice to the Xilence PSU.

That sounds like a good PSU and newegg is a reliable site that i trust and always has some of the best deals too.
I've also seen a few graphics cards in there that im not sure about though-like saphire. They have a HD Radeon 3850 512MB memory and 256 bit-DDDR3 (something ive heard good things about) and its made by ATI.
ATI is a brand i havnt yet tried as i have a 6200 nvidia PCI card. But anyways, that sounded like a pretty decent video card although i havnt tried ATI or saphire products.
And ya, that Xilence PSU that i have isnt worth its wight in anything-fizzed out on me a day back so im gonna send it back and go with your recomandation for the Antec (wont ever buy Xilence products again).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back