Need CPU heatsink/fan recommendation

jsmileb

I am currently running an Intel Q6700 processor on an Intel DG43RK motherboard with the stock Intel heatsink/fan. It runs consistently low to mid 60 deg. C. with Arctic Silver paste. That is under a mild load, onboard video, showing Netflix video. I am using an HEC case:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811121100

The present cooler has a diameter of about 88mm., and it stand about 71mm. above the motherboard. It appears that I could increase the diameter to 90mm and the height to 86 mm. I would like to use a throttled fan.

If anyone has a recommendation, I would appreciate any suggestions, especially from anyone who may be using this motherboard and case combination.

Thanks, in advance, for looking.

Re: Budget

When I did a power search on Newegg with parameters:
Fan/Heatsink
LGA775 Compatible
4 pin
Fan Size less than 92mm

The highest price is $36 for a Xigmatek, that is way to tall for the case. I have used a couple of Zalmann coolers in the past, but they stand way too tall for the case. Unfortunately Newegg search parameters include fan size, but fan size does not give you much insight into the true dimensions. One cooler that interests me is the Dynatron P985. I may have to do a little Dremel grinding to clear one of the capacitor cans, but it might work well. I would not want to get into fluid cooling. So, as to budget, I see nothing I would not consider on the basis of cost.

Dynatron or the silver stone hs may be your only options I'm afraid.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

If you want budget cooling, I would go with the Arctic Cooling Freezer Pro 7 (Rev 2) cooler. It'll fit your socket 775 CPU, and I recommend it.

It cools my overclocked Q8300 CPU very well. Having hunted around I found it for only £14 as well, and its considerably better than the original stock cooler.

You'd need to check the dimensions though, as its pretty tall.

CPU_cooler.jpg

Its a bargain as far as I am concerned. :D

I think that sits too high off the mobo leeky. Look at the case he's using. I think he only has about 2-3 choices.

Back