Need games to run quicker on PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, my son has a Dell E310 computer and loves to play Sims2. Can you tell me what I can do to upgrade his computer to run it quicker. It is slow loading towns, etc. I don't know too much about it other than he said it runs very slow. It does seem to take a long time to load. I'm just not ready to spend the money on a new computer. he currently has 512 ram I believe.

I have a dell e310 as well and my loads pretty fast but I have 1 gb of gram also is your a 2.80ghz p4 w/ hyper threading and a 128 mb intel intergrated graphics. Mine ussualy crashes a lot and gets blue screens though does yours? I bought my computer just for th sims 2 its pretty fast execpt when it crashes. But 1 gb works pretty good and yours should have a 1 512mb module so you would just need another 512mb module to get it to 1 gb

I have two 256. One in each slot. I would need to buy two 512 correct? One for each slot? Does it crash due to it being overloaded with ram? His pc was bought as a basic e310 so I am not sure if it has the threading your speaking of. How can I tell?

No it doesnt crash because of the ram its the software, and es you would need two 512mb sticks or 1 gb stick to get to 1 gb I think it would be smart to get just a 1gb stick and keep the 256mb in then he would have 1.25gb since this model supports up to 2 gb. Also is it a Intel intel pentium 4. Look near the front of the computer itself there should be a sticker and it should say and it will also day hyperthreading.

www.4allmemory.com or even www.dell.com

Its even 15 dollars cheaper buying 1 gb from 4allmemory compared to buying 2 512 mb and that would be better since you can still use one of your 256 mb stick but 1 gb at 4allmemory is $115 and dells is $210 so yeah its much cheaper to go with 4allmemoryand crucial's is $130 so 4allmemory is the cheapest from all the stores

Thanks I will do that. I noticed they offered two different 1gb at 4allmemory for the e310. I wonder if both will work.

It goes by what your 256mb is if you plan on keeping it so you could make it easier for yourself to call dell or find the invoice and see if yours is 400 or 533 ram

Personaly if you want to get a good deal on RAM then go to www.newegg.com but make sure you know what kind of RAM your son's computer uses so it doesnt :hotbounce

Also if you want his computer to load quicker or something you'll need a good Hard Drive with like 10,000RPM or a normal 7200RPM would be just as good

If you have any more questions just reply in this topic :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back