Need help here...Connecting pc and laptop using wireless router

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help!!!! i got a pc connected to a wired router and the wired router was connected to a wireless router and there are also 2 laptops connected to the wireless router. my problems is how am i gonna connect all of it so that i can share the printer and scanner connected to the pc and to share files to each other. I need somebody's help really bad.

does the wireless router have CAT5 ports. if so why use the second router.

plug your internet connection into the WAN port on the router and connect the wired computers to the other CAT5 ports on the wireless router. then of course your wireless boxes will connect via no cables... your hardware is configured.

for the question about setting up the network do the following...

Doubleclick on your my network places icon. and on the right side panel click on network setup wizard. follow this on all computers.

oh i was wrong. the pc was already connected to the wireless router but i already tried to set up an office network and they are all in the same workgroup but still they cant see each other.l i dont know why?

You will need to run network setup wizard on every computer before they will be recognzed. The best way to do this is to make a network setup disk with a floppy(when promted to choose an option in the setup wizard ).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back