Need help setting up a LAN connection to play Starcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Takes more time, and requires more information and space than we have here. We would need to know a lot about your equipment and configuration.
Suggest you look online with a gurgle search.

i just need to link two pcs, so i can play starcraft is there a cable i can use?
do i need to setup any networks for between the two pcs?

yeah you would need to setup a network. If you wanted a online connection between the 2 then you would have to buy a router but if you just wanted a LAN connection then you could use a LAN cable which is usually yellow or blue.

i have an rj45 connector that hooks up to 2 pcs, orange, on the box it said crossover cable, is that the right one?

Cheapest way is to use a router, hub or switch, which ever currently have and two normal RJ45 Ethernet wires. If you dont have a router i suggest buying one. As long as you have a DHCP server enabled on the router LAN'ing is a breeze

I just played SC over my LAN last night. It's very easy.

You need to set up a LAN first. This is as easy as wiring all your computers to your hub/switch/router. Then make sure DHCP is enabled to assign all computers on your LAN an IP.

Go Multiplayer -> LAN (UDP). Make an account. Create a game. Have the other people on your nerwork go to the LAN (UDP) menu and join your game. It should be as easy as that.

If you're having trouble with any of this terminology, Google is your best friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back