Need help to remove unwanted links

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need help to remove unwanted links that keep showing up on the webpages I'm viewing. I already tried several antispyware programs(Ad-Adware SE, Spybot S&D and MS antispyware). So far nothing has worked, I keep seeing those unwanted links. I have Windows XP. I'm really desperate. Help!

Welcome to Techspot
By "unwanted Links" are you referring to Pop up Ads, and things of that nature?
If yes , than you can buy/free download a Pop-up blocker , there are tons of those around, including a built in one in XP .

Yes, if you could define "unwanted links" a little better, that would be good!

Because even on my browser, for example in Liquidlen's post he mentions the the phrase "Pop up ads". My browser automatically turns that phrase into a "link" that takes me to a site to remove "pop up ads".
As well as the phrase he used "pop-up blocker" which automatically becomes a link to a site for Stopzilla.
This is a browser "help" thing that is built in to the new IE. Anyhoo, for a pop up blocker for IE, use the google toolbar.

cheers

thanx, I'll check the pop-up blocker

Thank you both Liquidlen and Vigilante, yes the links I'm referring to are similar to pop-up adds. They're quite annoying. I'll try a pop-up blocker and will report back with the results. Thanx again.

IntelliTXT by vibrant media

I am practically responding to my own message here, but this is what i could find out about the unwanted links. Guess I should have realized that I am not the only one with the problem. The yellow boxes and double underlines are from IntelliTXT by a company called Vibrant Media. I tried to contact them, but they require a phone number, address, etc..I dont think there is a way to just contact them. I just have to figure out how to get rid of this horrible program.

Mindy
pugmom4@cox.net

pugmom4 said:
I am practically responding to my own message here, but this is what i could find out about the unwanted links. Guess I should have realized that I am not the only one with the problem. The yellow boxes and double underlines are from IntelliTXT by a company called Vibrant Media. I tried to contact them, but they require a phone number, address, etc..I dont think there is a way to just contact them. I just have to figure out how to get rid of this horrible program.

Mindy
pugmom4@cox.net

Do Yourself a HUGE favor ! Do Not Ever Attempt to Contact These Individuals!
Just obtain good protective software and eliminate them annonymously.
Giving them your Phon # or any personal information could be an aggrivating life changing event.

you wouldn't have a pop-up problem with Mozilla or it's cousin mozilla firefox. Run spybot to get rid of spy programs.

you have adware installed. Use spybot and adware to remove.

If they don't work, you'll have to revert your drive.

I hope you have goback, ghost, or some other image of your drive.

i suggest u install a fresh copy of Windows XP SP2 Entegrated then install most common used programs like Mozilla Firefox, Antivirus Software and other programs and buy a antispyware/adware program to secure your pc from unwanted links or viruses

Vibrant Media uses server-side software. DO NOT reformat your computer to get rid of it. It won't do any good. Neither will switching to Firefox (though there's a thousand other reasons you should make that switch).

You're not the only one trying to find a solution, and there will most likely be a solution soon. Maybe a Firefox extension...

I figured it out,heres how I did it, open IE, click on tools, internet options, click the security tab and highlight restricted sites. Click on the sites button below it and on the add this site to the zone: enter this just as it look's *.us.intellitxt.com
Then restart internet explorer, work's great for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back