Need Help Updating my Mobility Radeon 7500 Driver in order to play Splinter Cell

Status
Not open for further replies.
PLEASE HELP!!!!

I am trying to play Call of Duty and Splinter cell and the same things keeps happening to me while playing both games. I can play for about 10 min and then the screen freezes and my laptop turns it's self off. When I boot back up, there is no warning or dialogue box indicating why this system crashed. I have been told that it is my video driver (Mobility Radeon 7500) that is not compatible with these games and so I need to update my video driver or something...any suggestions? Or am I screwed when it comes to this piece of crap PC?

Compaq Presario 1520ca
1.8ghz
40g hard drive
dvd/cd-r combo

Scott
:dead:

fans?

Thanks for your responce!

When I'm playing a game the fans are on full tilt, but someone did mention that my fans may not be working properly and so the motherboard is over heating and shutting itself down... what do you think?

Scott

That was what I was thinking too, with the type of card you have, it is pretty old, so things start to not work right, for instance the fans could be a little off and not spinning enough to keep them cool, and also the games for that type of card is probably pretty intense for it, probably pushing it to its limits and a little more, there by overheating the poor thing then the laptop shuts down. I had this problem before with my old laptop, the fans actually stopped working :).

Fans!

Thanks for your comment!

Do you think there is anything I can do to fix this problem? The computer is only 3 years old and I must admit I am a little disapointed with it! It's given me nothing but problems since the day I got it and now I can't even play games on it.

I do not recommend Compaq products...but that's just me!
Scott :confused:

since you are able to run the game and even play it for 10 minutes.means that your system can run the games so it isnt a question of not meeting the requirements.it can be an over heating issue.it might also be a software problem..try scaling down on the settings,closing all the background programs in the background.try to change the video memory setting through bios(hopefully increase it).also check windows virtual memory.

This is a known problem especially with this model Compaq. It is definetely an overheating problem due to a dust buildup in the exhaust on the right hand side of the computer.

Take a can of compressed air and shoot some in the vent while the computer is off and you will most likely see a cloud of dust fly out.

What you have to do to properly resolve the problem is remove the 2 screws located on the bottom of the case towards the rear middle. This wil allow you to remove the silver part on top of the keys (around the power button). Once that part is carefully removed you can flip the keyboard back and have complete access to spray the air and clean the exhaust and fans from the inside.

Once you do this you will see that your computer will run fine. It shuts off at around 76 degrees Celsius. Normal operating temperature is around 50 degrees. You will eventually damage the computer if you continue to run it hot. You can also download Motherboard Monitor 5 and it will tell you the temperature it is running at.

If you have been running it hot for a while you will also notice some rubber that is on the bottom of the computer literally melted onto the case.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back