Need help with my burner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what the deal with my burner is.

When I put a blank cd into the drive, it seems like it recognizes it. I get a message from windows saying "Blank Cd," followed by a list of options. However, when I actually get to burning a cd, it tells me either that there isn't a blank cd in the drive or that the cd cannot be written onto. It seems like Windows recognizes that I've got a blank cd, but programs within Windows don't.

My computer recognizes the drive just fine. The drive is a CDWriter IDE3212. My settings are enabled to burn. I don't have any burning software, but I've tried burning from Windows Media Player, and Winamp (and I used to be able to burn from either). I couldn't tell you what has changed since then, since this is the first time I've used the burner in a long time, but it just serves to give me the impression that the problem isn't my lack of burning software. I've tried different blank cds. I've tried different types of blank cds. I've tried lowering the burning speed from 32x to 16x. All to the same effect.

Any ideas? Any further information I should provide? Really need to get this working :(

if yu are running windows XP it does have a very basic burning capability but it isnt worth much. try a freeware burning program like Silent night micro burner ( needs no installation. or DeepBurner (installs) and see if that makes a difference.

iss said:
if yu are running windows XP it does have a very basic burning capability but it isnt worth much. try a freeware burning program like Silent night micro burner ( needs no installation. or DeepBurner (installs) and see if that makes a difference.

I do have XP, but I already have a problem with these freeware programs it seems. I get all my music from msn music, and they aren't strictly mp3s. The filetype, while supported by winamp and media player (which of course don't work), doesn't seem to be supported by any of these. :(

you could use winamp to make a wave instead of whatever format you have...just set its output to file

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back