Need Professional Advice ! ! !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rossi79

hi all again,

Im looking to build a pc up to sell,but im worried it may not be able to play this years up and coming games such as quake wars and crysis ect,so i dont want to be false advertising.
This is the spec of the machine im going to build:-

Abit SLI mainboard
3.8 dual amdx2 (am2 Socket)
1 gig ocz ddr2 800mhz Ram
250 sata hard drive (Barracuda)
2x palit Ge-force 256Mb Graphic cards(These are what im worried about most)
Operating System-Vista 64Bit home Basic(unsure about this aswell)

If anyone can give me some solid advise on this setup i would really appreciate it,please note that im aware i can build alot better system by upgrading the operating system and maybe some more high ended graphic cards,but im trying to build an half decent machine on a real low budget!

Many Thanks,

Rob

What cards? The series and number makes a huge difference. Crysis is a DX10 game, so to run that you'd need a DX10 card(s). So you'd need the 8800s.

2 8800s are incredibly expensive. And for Vista you'd be better off running 1 card and 2-4 gigs of RAM.

Ok, its a 7300 series. That is a directx 9 card. So it won't play Crysis, or if there is going to be a dx9 version then it can (I don't know I don't pay attention to games much). It is a mid range card, and I'd really question the modivation behind putting them in SLI, but you may want to ask some questions in a thread in Audio/Video (create one) to see what the best you could do for under a certain price. The price is pretty low on that card, but it isn't a real awesome card.

Back to your original question, you probably should get Vista 32bit. I know that 64 bit for Command and Conquer 3 doesn't officially support 64bit.

So really, find out what cards will give you the best performance for the money, and mention that SLI is an option. Then base your motherboard around that.

Actually, I believe Crysis will run on DX9 cards, just not with all the features of DX10. However, I will agree that those 7300s are poor for high end gaming (like Crysis).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back