Need recovery discs for Acer Aspire X1200

Status
Not open for further replies.
In November of 08 I bought an Acer Aspire X1200 computer...and for some reason there is a file that needs to be fixed...but in order to do so I need the Vista/Acer recovery disc's for this computer...which I do not have. I use this computer for a Radio Show...and it is imperative I get this thing fixed. Can anybody help me? Thank you.

They are for sale at a reasonable price from ACER unless it is an old machine... Call them... unless you prefer to buy a regular version of Windows at a higher price.
What is the file you believe needs repair? Many of the Acer disks wipe out the hard drive and start over.

Acer Aspire X1200

I dont know much about computers. My boss has the computer at the main radio station studios. I've been told I need the restore discs for the Acer Aspire X1200 model that came with Vistas already installed. I am trying to do so at no additional expense if possible. As you can imagine...my other expenses for the radio show are pricey....

I tried looking for "Vista Recovery Disk" on google, and there are a number of sites where you can obtain it from, I'm not sure what extent you need to restore,or what thoses recovery disks include but it may be a quicker option unless you could obtain something fromAcer support site.

From what I'm told...when i bought the system it gave you an option to make a copy of the recovery system. that was not doone. I need to completely clean out the program and re-install it.

First, see if you can create a restore set from within the ACER... that should be possible UNLESS the Acer is too badly damaged... It is possible your broadcast engineer made the disk set when the computer first arrived.
But even if you did not do that when new, it may still be possible to create the disks now. If not, call Acer and have them send you the set.
Expense? You can never know. Lost data. Valuable documents. Materials required for your Radio Station license renewal?
It can all become really expensive, depending on the use of the Acer... and the cost of having it down. The set of Acer discs, if still available, will be under $40 with Fed Ex shipping... so it is worth a call to find out...
A tech's time, business level, will run $65 to $85 an hour.
But there is no free lunch. You might be able to get a tech shop to rescue in exchange for free advertising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back