Need to recover my win xp cd key, help me please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, I need to recover my win xp but I have formated my hard drive so I can't recover it from registry. I really dont want to have to pay Microsoft to get it back after paying £100 almost to buy the software. Thanks in advance to anyone who replys.

You don't have a COA (Certificate of Authenticity) with the key printed on it, which should have come with the software when you purchased it? If you don't have that, you're pretty much out of luck.

unfortunately, he said the machine was formatted, ans so no registry to find the key from.

Makes you wonder really.

Not much help to you now but on a working system this will a HTML page which includes keys.

Make a note for when you get a system up and running. :(

if you still need it...

olsrey5 said:
Hi everyone, I need to recover my win xp but I have formated my hard drive so I can't recover it from registry. I really dont want to have to pay Microsoft to get it back after paying £100 almost to buy the software. Thanks in advance to anyone who replys.

Send me a message, I'll help you.

Is this an OEM machine by chance, such as an HP, Gateway, or Dell? if so, the COA should be attached to the case somewhere. If not and you don't have the documentation it was attached to, you're out of luck.

Hi, thanks for all the replys but looks like I'm out of luke if 'GreenEyedSoul' cant help but thanks anyway. Oh yea its a machine I built myself.

done...

I've sent you an email to your hotmail account, follow the instructions in it. And don't forget to tell me if it worked.

Edited by realblackstuff: taken the email-address out.
NEVER publish an email address in a public place like a forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back