Network adaptor turning off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace630

I know I posted this in the motherboard forum but i now see there is a network forum to post it in so I thought it would be more sensible to post it here
I have a wireless linksys network adaptor model WUSB54G ver 4
Now it has been working fine for years but recently it has been turning itself off
Now this seems to only happen in vista as i have another partion for xp and it never turns itself off on it
The adaptor had worked fine on vista for a couple of months then out of nowhere it started turning off
I had recently installed new drivers for it so i uninstalled them and installed the old drivers but with no effect
I then tried a clean installion of vista again but still with no effect
When it does turn off i can plug it inot another usb port and it will work fine but it still will turn itself off
What I would like to know is, is there a problem with my usb ports or is this a vista problem or the adaptors problem

most NIC configurations have a Power feature to allow
disabling power or performing a awake-up. turn all of this OFF

I checked it all and all of it was off
I checked every usb port but only the ones the i plug the network adaptor turn off

Edit: Also up until a couple of months downloading torrents was fine until one day the speed went right down and now the speed of any torrent will get about 5k/b
I tried different clients and different torrents and nothing
I also tried downloading one on the computer that is connected to the router through a network cable and that will go at proper speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back