Network Error!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

the.freak

I have 2 Network Cards on this PC for I'm sharing the internet connection ... Sometimes the connection on the server just disappears whilst on the client PC it stays !!!! MSN still works but the browsing just stops ... I can download / chat but not browse the internet for some odd reason ... I'd have to restart the Server for it to come back !!!! Very ODD ... Sometimes it goes if I try uploading files if the Client PC is on ... Server PC Has Vista August 2007 And The Client XP MCE2005 August 2007 ... The Client Never looses the connection just the server ... Isn't that odd? Plz Reply ASAP ....

Much Appreciated ;)

So the connection is fine, it`s just browsing is the problem.

Could be spyware.You probably know about THIS thread and what to do.

on the server pc yess ... I have no spyware I checked over and over again... after restart all works gr8 all day until the next day when it happens again ...

Sometimes the only way to fix this sort of problem is to do a clean install which is a bit of a pain. I would suggest just buying modem/router. Dlink make a nic one, 502t which has an enternet and a usb port for using 2 computers, or the 504t which is a modem with 4 ports. Not to expensive and creates less hassle than trying to do ICS.

Just my 2 cents

check the firewall software if mine locks up (crashs)it kills my connection
on the server side do you have passwords set to expire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back