Network/Internet problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
I have three computers, 2 of which are running off wireless and one directly connected to a DI-524 dlink wireless router, which is then connected to a Netcomm NB5 adsl modem. One of the computers which i am currently using is a laptop, about 2 weeks ago i installed windows vista home premium (upgrade) onto the laptop. Since that i have been having very annoying network problems, which im not sure is connected to vista or not. The laptop connection to the internet/network dies at random intervals, it could last 2 hours or 2 minutes. Through the Vista Network map this doesnt seem to be a wireless problem since the map shows that there is a problem between the router and the internet and not the computer and the router. I have seen similar problems on the other two computers. The second which is also connected via wireless (using the dlink Air G plus, wireless usb) is constantly being disconnected, this computer is running xp and that is saying that the wireless is loosing connectivity. Finally the 3rd computer which is connect via ethernet cable into the router is also having problems and being disconnected. I have tried to hook my laptop directly into the router, it gives me the same result. and also directly into the modem, which has given me the same result. The other thing i have tried is to boot my laptop into XP and see if the problems stopped, but they didnt.
If anyone could help this would be much appreciated..
thanks

I have seen similar problems on the other two computers. The second which is also connected via wireless (using the dlink Air G plus, wireless usb) is constantly being disconnected, this computer is running xp and that is saying that the wireless is loosing connectivity. Finally the 3rd computer which is connect via ethernet cable into the router is also having problems and being disconnected.
This sounds like your router and I can't really reason out how it could be related to a Vista upgrade, unless it has something to do with UPnP...

If your router is to blame, the first solution I'd like to pitch is upgrading your routers firmware. http://www.dlink.com/products/support.asp?pid=316&sec=0#firmware

I missed that part...

That would rule out a router problem them. Consider a modem firmware upgrade or replacement and of course, calling your ISP may help. :)

look for a Vist Driver update to your Wireless adaptors, after all, either side
of the connection can fail and cause the disconnect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back