Network problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenix

I am having problems accessing a mapped network drive. When I try to open it, the following error pops up:

E:\ is not accessible
Not enough server storage is available to process this command.

Odd thing too though, sometimes it lets me in fine. then i come in the next morning and i can't access it all day

any ideas???

This might seem like a silly question, but IS there enough storage free on your server?

the other computer (which is not a server, technically, just one of two computers on the network) has plenty of "storage" if you mean HD space, so i don't think that is what it is talking about. When is microsoft going to start providing solutions/support for all these mysterious error messages anyway?:unch:
Great avatar, btw:D

I think Vehementi is right - the fact that you can access it fine sometimes probably points to the idea that when you are not allowed access, there may be other people in there when you try, other times it may be only you accessing when you get no error...what operating system(s) are running on the computers involved? (yours, the "server" and the other stations in this environment)?

What OS is the server (the machine w/ the network drive on it) running?

And if you restart the server, does it go away?

But, when you can't access it, opening up Computer Management and viewing how many sessions are open isn't a bad idea.

The OS is WIN2000pro.
I looked at that site, i will try it the next time i am at work. I tried a similar edit i got from the MS website, to no avail. But, i was wondering...how do you reinstall the winupdates? whenever i go to the Windows site, it just does it automaticly if I have them already?

thanks

While Windows-Update is running and after it has finished, even if MS tells you to reboot DON'T. Stay in your IE browser and don't leave the current/last page where you are on the MS-website. Now go to your \Documents and Settings\{username}\ Local Settings\Temporary Internnet Files\Content.IE5 (or .IE6)
Sort each of its weird-named subdirectories by Extension and look for the .exe files. Copy these to somewhere else, where you can find them again. Rename these files to something like W2K-KB829558-x86-ENU.exe. If you do this consistently, you will keep all hotfixes and auto-updates that MS supplies and installs automatically.
After saving those files, leave your browser and reboot if necessary.
If you do leave the website before picking these files out, you will lose them because M$ deletes them (after all they ARE temp files)!

Alternatively, pick the Corporate option on the WindowsUpdate page. There you can select updates for your OS, say W2K/SP4, and download the whole shebang or whatever you want you want.

If you don't want M$ to update automatically, in your Services set the "Automatic Updates" to start-type Manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back