New DVD installed still have ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinist

I just installed a new dvd burner Sony DRU 120C and also have a Lite On 52327S cd-rw already installed, both are on their own IDE channel Sony is on primary set to master and the Lite-On is on the secondary IDE also set to master. My hard drive is a Maxtor 80g hooked up SATA.

Is this proper having both set to master on their own channels and should there be any DMA settings that need to be set.

Both drives are recognized by windows but I havent burnt anything yet.

Also I only have one analog audio cable hooked up the the sony will I be able to hook up a second to the Lite on,it looks like the mobo will accept audio cables.

Sorry for the long post.

Machinist

Your setup will work fine!!

Audio cables are not required at all these days if you are using xp!!!

Hope that helps!!!:)

Yes, this setup is OK.

DMA should Just Work. You can check the current transfer mode for an IDE channel in the Windows Device Manager under the IDE controllers.

Don't connect that audio cable at all. Modern OS and programs can work with the digital audio over the IDE controller and that analog audio wire is just an additional noise source to your soundcard.

Thanks for all the help. Everything seems to be running fine. I just threw in a dvd and it plays great, audio cd's also great. Lets see what happens when I go to burn a dvd.

thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back