New Tumblr details source code found in TV and movies

Shawn Knight

Staff member

tumblr movie tv source code films code found

I’m pretty observant when watching TV or movies and as such, I tend to pick up on little nuances that others might otherwise miss. One thing that I’ve picked up on since a child was code on the big screen. Granted, I have no background in programming so I had no idea if what I was seeing was real or not.

Fortunately I’m not alone in my curiosity as a new Tumblr called Source Code in TV and Films takes a look at on-screen code and deciphers what’s actually there. The site has only been online since January 3 but there’s already a wealth of screen caps and explanations from various hit TV shows and movies.

Surprisingly enough, most of the code used is actually real source code although the source itself typically has no relation to the actual usage. That is, unless you are Iron Man. Then, it’s all a bit ironic.

Found is a TechSpot feature where we share clever, funny or otherwise interesting stuff from around the web.

Permalink to story.

That ironman pic is in arabic... and the title made me think tumblrs source code was found in tv and movies lol.

Back