Newbie question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cache is basically a copy of sites you visit online.
The idea is that if you open the same page twice, the computer's cache is used, enabling the page to open much more quickly (and less download too)

The only issue, is that the cached page sometimes changes, which can cause a bad cacheing effect.

I always recommend removing all cache built up. Because the real issue is that it can turn into many gigs of temporary files. There are other reasons too.

Anyway try CleanCache http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4122.html
It should improve your systm response (ironically) and give you lots more space back.

Unless you are talking about processor or drive cache. In that case its like extremely fast RAM. In order of speed its L1 cache, L2 cache, L3 cache, ..., RAM.

yea im talking about the cpu's cache because the motherboard is giving me error beeps and it means bad cache error and i don't know what to do know. any ideas? thanks

Sorry of course you mean CPU/Motherboard (seeming we're in that forum)

Anyway, the best first option, is to go to your system BIOS (or CMOS) and set defaults

What am I talking about again?
When you first start your computer, you should notice a prompt like hit F2 (or DEL or some other key) to get into your CMOS (or BIOS or Setup)
This message is displayed only for a few seconds, and you must press this key before your system continues to load

Once in CMOS use your arrow and TAB and Enter keys to move around
Locate system Defaults (or optimized defaults, or setup defaults)
And select it
then Save and Exit (which is F10 key)

Note: there are also Registry entries and Policies in Windows that can be edited
But lets just start with CMOS defaults

Hmm there seems to be one problem though, i don't get monitor response and my computer seems to restart because it gives me those beeps every 2mins. Does this sound likely with bad cache error or am i giving a wrong diagnosis? Thanks for the reply

You can reset PC Motherboards from the Motherboard jumper (to load setup defaults)

Also this may in fact be Ram

But those beeps may refer to an overclocked CPU

Hi Strider
This thing won't boot at all, right? And the beeps you have are identified in the motherboard manual as indicating bad cache?
Ist replace the memory - even with a temporary SIMM of the right spec just to check the RAM you have,
2nd replace the CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back