Newly built computer starts for 1 second and then shuts off

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just built my first computer and I cannot get it to run. When I turn it on, it starts for a second and then shuts off. I am sure the 24 pin and the 4 pin connectors are connected to the board.

Intel dg965ry mobo
Intel Pentium d 925 3.0ghz 800mhz 4mb socket 775 cpu
masscool 8wa740 socket 775 heat sink and fan to 3.8 ghz
kingston 1 gb ddr2-800 ram pc2-6400 (2 of these)
logisys 550w 20+4 pin acrylic blue led power supply
case is clear acrylic

If I take the memory out, then it will keep running. On the Intel webpage is a list of memory that is supposed to work with this board, and the memory I have is listed.
I talked to intel, they said that the board is probably bad. They sent me a new one and it does the same thing. Now I think that maybe the board is not bad, but I do not know what else it could be.

This is a list of things that I tried already:

3 different sticks of memory the one listed above plus: micsys 2gb ddr2 800pc2-6400 and super talent 1gb ddr2-667 pc5300
Took battery out for up to 20 minutes.
Disconnected everything that is connected to the mobo and the power supply except the board and memory.
Tested the power supply - good.
Tried a different power supply.
Took board out of case and tried it.
Moved jumper block on BIOS configuration around.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hello, stickman1211, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a moment to read the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible :)

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread (although this is a very good first post ;))

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum :)
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your problem, have you tried reseating the cpu? Also did you apply a good thermal paste to the cpu such as arctic silver?

I reseated the cpu when I put it in the new board, but I also tried it at least two other times. I did apply thermal paste, but I am not sure what the name of it was.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back