Status
Not open for further replies.

AXXEL

I just finished building my computer and every thing went Wronga!:dead:

Mother Board: ASUS P5WD2-E Premium
CPU: Pentium D 950 @ 3.4GHz
RAM: Corsair 2GB XMS2 PC2-6400 PRO
Video Card: ATI Radeon X1900 XTX

When I put every thing together and stared it up it just never goes to BIOS the screen only stays black. It also never gives me any ERROR beeps I double checked every thing and nothing was out of place. I’m really worried I spent too much money and time on this to not work. Dose any one have any ideas on what to do?

* :suspiciou I think that the problem might be the mother board because it was missing the I/O Shield and was also missing a CD! PLEASE HELP AND THANK YOU!

Hey I know the feeling...

I'm currently building a similar rig...
CPU: Pentium Extreme Edition 965 3.73Ghz
Mobo: P5WDG2-WS
RAM: 4GB OCZ PC2-6400
Vid: 2 - ATI Radeon X1600XT Crossfire

Anyway about your problem about the black screen, I had that with my first motherboard. I had to return it and got a new one. Now At least I get BIOS up and I'm able to POST, but now I get a "acpi.sys PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA" error... not sure what it is? Does anyone have any advice???

Anyway If I were you I'd get a replacement motherboard!!! Hope this helps you, and you don't have my problems. lol

It could be an insufficient PSU or bad ram or a ram\motherboard compaitability issue. if you have acces to different ram try it.

No way could my Power supply be bad, it’s a 550W and I’ve tested it on one other computer. As for the RAM it’s fully compatible I’ve seen it work on this exact Mobo:darth:

It is a Logisys I guess it’s a good power supply but I’ve tested the power supply with the video card on a different computer and it seems to work relatively good

Well i think that I’m going to return the Mother Board because i found out that it was missing the I/O Shield and one other CD. :suspiciou I’m not sure but should it also come with shrink wrap?

What I’m mostly worried about is the processor if the mother board is F@#! Up could it have also burned up the CPU?:(

iss said:
It could be an insufficient PSU or bad ram or a ram\motherboard compaitability issue. if you have acces to different ram try it.
You should still get error beeps if its the ram, shouldn't you? Everytime I've had a problem like this its been bad mobo or processor, perhaps something was damaged during shipping(if it was shipped to you) or installation. Also, when I got my new mobo it had a little plastic piece between the bios battery and its connector. I'm not sure what happens when you try to start it without that battery, but could that maybe be the problem? I'm no super expert here, I have some experience with this stuff, but I'm more trying to stimulate thoughts and possible ideas for solutions. :p It seems to help me a lot during trouble shooting.

since you're getting no error beeps it sounds like your mobo is bad (especially since you say it was missing parts) bad or incompatible ram should give an error beep.

are you sure that your video card is ok?

as for the PSU...
AXXEL said:
No way could my Power supply be bad, it’s a 550W
logisys uses max peak power to rate their PSUs. if i was to guess then i would say that it can only provide about 350w-400w of continuous usable power.

personally i don't like companies that use only max peak ratings for their PSUs to make it seem more powerful then it really is. I wouldn't call them crap, but it would seem that you're just paying for the flashy acrylic casing and not build quality, i would never put one in my rig. if you can't trust them to state it's actual output, then can you trust them at all? :rolleyes:

?!?!

:stickout: My Video card work perfectly I tested the power supply and the video card on a different computer. I installed the drivers and played a few games.

:blackeye: My main concern is the CPU, dose any one think that the bad Mother Board could have damaged the processor...is it possible?

Thanks for all your replies and all of your ideas!:wave:

I tried that and I am using the standoffs, I also heard on another post that there some tiny paper washers (disc) these are suppose to go between the screw head and the mobo with out these the mother board is completely grounded and causes the same problem, not booting up BIOS. Even if this was the problem I already took the Mother board out and placed it on the anti-static bag and plugged the CPU, Video Card, and RAM and still I don’t get any ERROR BEEPS! Thanks anyways

Uhhh. Have you checked to see if the 4pin extra power cord thingy is put in its place? do u need 24pin or 20 pin? 20 pin isnt enough to power a 24 pin. i had a similar problem and that was the problem.

As far as connection goes every thing is done as the book said...Well I made up my mind and I have decided to return the Motherboard for a new one, I hope that this fixes this problem. Every idea that you guys have given me sounds reasonable and I'm sure that if it was not for the Motherboard that was bad it would have solved it.

As you can see I'm a Newcomer and I'm very surprise about all the replies and information that I have received form all of you. THANK YOU I FEEL BETTER KNOWING THAT SOME ONE IS HERE TO HELP...THIS IS THE BEST SITE I'VE EVER BEEN TO, FOR THIS TYPE OF PROBLEMS!:grinthumb :wave: :wave:

KingCody said:
since you're getting no error beeps it sounds like your mobo is bad (especially since you say it was missing parts) bad or incompatible ram should give an error beep.

are you sure that your video card is ok?

as for the PSU... logisys uses max peak power to rate their PSUs. if i was to guess then i would say that it can only provide about 350w-400w of continuous usable power.

personally i don't like companies that use only max peak ratings for their PSUs to make it seem more powerful then it really is. I wouldn't call them crap, but it would seem that you're just paying for the flashy acrylic casing and not build quality, i would never put one in my rig. if you can't trust them to state it's actual output, then can you trust them at all? :rolleyes:
incompatible RAM will not necessarily give a beep. I had a Asus board that simply wouldn't load the OS with incompatible RAM.

AXXEL said:
I also heard on another post that there some tiny paper washers (disc) these are suppose to go between the screw head and the mobo with out these the mother board is completely grounded and causes the same problem, not booting up BIOS
most mobos do not use insulating washers. if the mobo has metal rings around the mounting holes, then it is supposed to be grounded and an insulating washer should not be used. if there is a mounting hole without a metal ring then you should use a plastic standoff (or simply don't use it at all).

:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back