NAS Cases Compared - Array R2 Mini ITX NAS Case Review @ Madshrimps

Processors
Intel Core i7 CPU Cooler Roundup @ Neoseeker

Optical Drives
Theta Digital Compli Blu review @ TechRadar

Motherboards
Gigabyte GA-X58-UD9 @ PureOverclock

Permalink to story.

That isn't anywhere near the fraud involved with the sale of higher refresh rate monitors.

If you're walking through the store thinking you see better action on a 120Hz TV, they must have you hypnotized.

This issue may be news, but I doubt that it's news to any body in our forums.

Face it, I think we've been buying 10 dollar cables, with 5 dollar rebates for years.

I did buy an expensive HDMI cable once from Walmart, no less. It was a Friday night, and I had just bought an LCD from Best Buy that afternoon. I knew I was doing wrong, and I'm ashamed. That said it was the lowest priced, high priced cable I could find.... :rolleyes:

Last HDMI cable I bought was £5 for 2.5m (Fisual Install Series GOLD Plated HDMI Cable 2.5m). Never fallen for overpriced super high quality lies. My friend actually does a lot of audio work and has a degree in electrical engineering and did testing of gold plated high quality audio cable years ago and found that it offered very little difference in the quality of signal passed through it compared to a standard cable. Slightly better over longer distances but nothing that warranted the premium prices being charged.

Yea here in the UK HDMI cables are all cheap. Even the ''gold plated'' ones are less than £10. I not seen a HDMI cable cost more than £15.

Arris said:
gobbybobby said:
Yea here in the UK HDMI cables are all cheap. Even the ''gold plated'' ones are less than £10. I not seen a HDMI cable cost more than £15.

Just got to look in the right high street name rip off places - http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/belkin-ad22300-grey-series-hdmi-to-hdmi-cable-5m-00939457-pdt.html

£64 for a 5m HDMI cable.

ok honestly that's 'nothing'. I like Amazon quite alot it's a great online store but this item here is just pathetic =/ - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Monster-MC-...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1282659471&sr=1-1

I buy all my hdmi cables from monoprice, very reasonable prices. Even for stuff like speaker wire you can get a good deal compared to most box stores.

As for the higher refresh rate TVs... I'm not convinced that is a scam yet.. I think the way TVs reproduce a picture vs the fps of the source may be important.

I, too, am a huge monoprice fan. You know how women go shopping when they're upset with their spouses - well I log onto monoprice when my wife pisses me off and I order cables. Good, thick, fancy connector cables of different types - they make me happy.

Back