Acer Aspire AS5738PG-6306 Touchscreen Notebook Review @ I4U

Displays
SDC Megtron LC-Display @ techPowerUp

Motherboards
Intel DP55WG @ Techgage.com
P55 Motherboard Roundup December 2009 @ DriverHeaven.net
EVGA P55 FTW LGA1156 Motherboard Review @ Hardware Canucks

Permalink to story.

'Little Gray" beat the game after killing 390,895 creatures, administering 7,255,538,878 points of damage, completing 5,906 quests (averaging 14 quests a day), raiding 405 dungeons and hugging 11 players. I believe we can safely add another statistic to the numbers -- he has had sex 0 times during this period.

so, I guess its time to make a new character? :p

LOL...that WoW story is hilarious. I wonder what the guy did for food/sleep/money?

The damage and quests are a nice feat...but they are nothing compared to some of the more difficult achievements to get. Doing either the PvE or the PvP content is a tough endeavor, but doing both is crazy. It would be interesting to see what his 'time played' is.

Talk about someone with no life here..he may "won" at World of Warcraft..but he definitely lost at his life...

Wow that is ridiculous. This guy obviously traded his real life for his video game life. But thats cool I guess. WoW life is way more fun and intersting than this world :)

Alright forget all the stories of anything else, a guy beat Wow?!?! That is epic! That is hilarious. Mad props to you Little Gray, whoever you are.

Someone wasted their life away. It is kind of sad that "flipping bits" constitutes a major achievement these days.

I got bored with WoW after I hit the level cap and couldn't devote the time necessary for serious raiding. It never occurred to me to try for ALL the achievements, I suppose that I'm more interested in just playing other games.

Not that I recommend someone spend all of their waking hours playing video games, but that guy is all over the Web at the moment, and the publicity could lead to professional opportunities in the gaming industry -- something I hear is not easy to obtain.

Wow - some of you folks sure are quick to judge his personal life. He may be wealthy & have kids and a wife. Yeah, unlikely but possible ;)

I bet he's still coming to terms with the real world having spent so much time on WoW. Of course once Blizzard come up with some new achievements this guy will have his " normla life" back. He must be having serious withdrawl symptoms having completed WoW.

There are always raids to go on, dailies to do, and stuff like that. It's not like he's got absolutely nothing left to do. Sadly, I don't think he'll ever see the great outdoors, or know a woman's touch because of that fact. WoW will eventually consume him completely to the point where he won't even remember who he was. It needs him as much as he needs it. It has given him unnaturally long life, and forced him underground where he safeguards his lonely passion.

what i want to know is how he got all the world first achievements? that seems impossible to me he couldnt have been the first person to do everything in the game i wonder what they call getting every achievement because the world first ones are beyond hard to get.

I would like to point out that WoW came out:
November 23, 2004 - November 23, 2009
In other words 5 years, I’m not sure how this guy plays but it’s likely if he’s a Day one player he may have only played 5~6hrs a day which is hardly enough time to get all the negativity for wasting his life.
If he had a well-paying part time job, he would only spend the same time gaming and working that most people spend working.

I’m not a WOW fan by any means, I’m a FFXI player and I can tell you right now. FFXI is designed to be played a lot, but by the time, you are collecting legendary weapons. The most impressive accomplishments of the game, you spend 6 months for each one and there’s 20 that’s 10 years (And that’s ignoring the fact you also have to play dynamics for each jobs relic armor which adds even more time). Because some of the items needed cannot be traded, nor can you repeat the dynamic runs all day to get them. There’s a real world period you have to wait in order to do your next dynamic run. Unlike WoW each character is capable of playing all Jobs in the game. FFXI came out November 7, 2002 in other words Seven years ago, so if there is one hard core player out there aiming for it. We will have to wait another 3-6 years for him to complete the game. Then again, FFXI is more like a social community that messes around. After you get about 2,000hrs in you pretty much just log in to chat and play well you do.

In truth I’d wager a large number of the FFXI base players have far more time Playing FFXI then Mr, Gray has playing WoW.

(When I’m playing an MMO I average 6hrs a day but I have a really good paying low hour job, so I still have more time every day then most people that work 8hr/5 day week jobs. When Playing FFXI most of the people I /befriended were the same way; they had High pay low hour jobs and just liked social gaming.)

You guys most definitely don't play wow. Most of those achievements can be obtained in a casual manner. And does not require you to give your life away to do them. The harder ones take a bit more time but can definitely be done at a casual pace

Klepto - World firsts are a "feat of strenght" and not a factor in the achievement numbers.

Clrabbit - Yes you are right, with the 5yrs WoW has been out, its easy to get there by now, but there are also some fairly challenging achievements that come with the newest patches...a great guild can still get you there in time.

Chazz - I Agree with you...Im a very casual player and still have just shy of 700 achievements. Its the last couple that can be tough. Say, 100 mounts, or Exalted with Silverwing sentinels.

The newest patch will be out soon, and this dude will have something to strive for again.

The fact that the article single's out WoW players as not having accomplished anything in their lives is just plan rude and distgusting. So all 11Million people playing don't do anything with their lives other then play WoW...friggin arrogance is what that is. Remind me to never go to destructoid again.

The Top 10 Gadgets of the Decade are a bit obvious, although the netbook I think is more of a fad then it is a move forward, heck it seems more like a step back..but anyway. The Iphone should really be included with either the BlackBerry or the Ipod as it is really a combination of the two. One of the things that should really be on there is the advent of the multicore processor, the Flatscreen monitor, and Plasma Televisions.

In the Acer Aspire AS5738PG-6306 Touchscreen review the individual never spoke on any multitouch capabilities that the screen may have offered. Personally until all "Trouch Screens" go multitouch I just wont give a hoot. I honestly cannot wait for multitouch keyboards and even mice. The technology offers so much that it makes me excited for the future. Even though after it arrives it will feel mundane and how we access computers today will look extremely old fashioned..I mean what ARE we thinking...eesh.

i got really shocked with the story about the guy of WoW, sometimes i feel a little guilty when i play for more than 2 hours in a row, but this guy really did some serious gaming there, I bet he still lives with his parents haha

The Top 10 Gadgets of the Decade!

First thing that came to my mind was the USB thumb//flash drive... true enough it was there on the list! IPod and IPhone being both on the list though is somewhat redundant, but I guess they are separate category devices anyhow.

Simply wow for the WoW guy, iv never played WoW but he must have been playing for a long time to beat it, so many hours you can't even imagine. Maybe now he can go outside and get atuned with the changes in life, you know we drive cars now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back