Nintendo Direct reveals Star Fox Zero, Zelda: Twilight Princess HD release dates and more

Shawn Knight

Staff member

The first Nintendo Direct video announcement since E3 and the untimely passing of president and CEO Satoru Iwata is now in the history books, delivering updates regarding the company’s plans for the remainder of 2015 and beyond.

One highlight from the broadcast was the announcement of a launch date for Star Fox Zero. The title was originally expected to launch by the end of the year but in September, designer Shigeru Miyamoto revealed it was being pushed back until sometime in 2016 in order to further polish the level designs, perfect the tone of the cut scenes and improve its dual-screen feature.

We now know Star Fox Zero will make its debut on the Wii U on April 22, 2016.

The Wii U remake of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, meanwhile, is scheduled for release on March 4, 2016. The popular title originally debuted on the GameCube and first generation Wii back in 2006. The Wii U version also brings with it a new Wolf Link amiibo that’ll come bundled as a special edition perk alongside the game.

Other tidbits of worthwhile news include the confirmation that the next new Zelda game is still set for a 2016 launch and the fact that Super Mario Maker will be getting a web portal next month designed to facilitate course searches. We also learned that Cloud Strife from Final Fantasy VII will become the next Super Smash Bros. character and that Nintendo is bringing two Dragon Quest titles to North America next year.

Permalink to story.

I don't care if Zelda will have enhanced graphics or an amiibo, I want to know if there will be additional content. I am betting on the answer will be NO.

I don't care if Zelda will have enhanced graphics or an amiibo, I want to know if there will be additional content. I am betting on the answer will be NO.

Why would they add any new content? Fans will eat it up without second guessing their decision in a heart beat. It's freakin' Zelda, nuff said right?

Now Star Fox, that's something to look forward to.

I'm still waiting for content on Wii-U before I buy one. It's been 3 years, and there isn't a game I'm interested in. Just 3 more years to go before I start to assume that a new console will be taking it's place.

Back