No airflow when there should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

schnewb

Hello.

My temps are not too high, but they should or could be lower with the setup i have. My computer consists of a xp thoroughbred overclocked at 2250mhz using a 1.85 vcore, my temps are 49*c idle and 53*c load. Im using a coolermaster aero 7 lite heatsink with arctic ceramique , 2 80mm exhaust fans below th psu, 1 120mm fan right at the top of the case, and a 120mm fan at the front of the case and im getting these temps. But if i take off the side of my case the temps drop by about 6*c taking me to around 46*c load. This only tells me i am not getting maximum airflow from the setup.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Sean

Even though you have all these fans, they cannot move air where there is no air. Therefore when you remove the sides, more air gets into the case and more air is released from the case, cooling it down considerably. If your case doesn't have proper venting, then air cannot get into the case easily and forces the fans to blow the hot air around in the case, not doing much help. Try repositioning the intake fans in front of vents in your case so they can access cooler air, easier. Also, make sure the intake fans aren't parallel to the outake fans because it would be pointless to have the exaust be the new cool air the intake fans just worked so hard to retrieve.

it doesn't sound like you've got anything to worry about, as far as the cpu temp you mentioned goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back