No audio device and speakers are fuzzy?

I'm going to be completely honest here and tell you that I only registered so I could get the answer to my question. My friend bought a new computer off of ebay and the sound didn't work. The speakers were making a fuzzy noise it wouldn't stop unless I unplugged them or turned the volume all the way down. I checked the bios to see if his sound was on, yup it was. So I went to check his soundcard and it says all his drivers are installed but it says no audio device. Can anyone help me out here?

Also, unfortunately, his mom bought it for him so he has no idea any information on it. For all I know, he may not even have a sound card.

It sounds (!) as if the wrong drivers are installed,
First, uninstall the device and restart the machine. It should reinstall the drivers automatically.
If this does not sort the problem, see if you can see the make and name of the motherboard. from the opening boot menu, If not, take the lid off the box and look at the board itself ,
Once you have that detail you can search on the net or the maker's website for downloadable drivers.
If all else fails, buy a sound card and install it as a daughterboard, remembering to disable the on board card at the same time.

Back