No audio in Skype or iTunes

Status
Not open for further replies.

kitty500cat

Hey guys,
I got this problem w/my audio. When I start Skype or iTunes, it gives me a message about no input and/or output. But I have Cakewalk Music Creator 2 and w/that I can talk into my mic and it comes out the speakers. The device manager claims my audio thing is working correctly, but it is not working in Skype or iTunes. Also, it did not make any sounds in Pinball.

I have an Asus A7V8X-MX motherboard, 512MB of Corsair ValueSelect DDR333 RAM, AMD Sempron 3000+ Socket 462 Barton. The VIA chipset on this mobo also powers the graphics and, I think, it functions as the audio controller using Realtek AC'97 codec.

EDIT: I restarted my computer since that, and at first there was sound in the task manager, like when you go to end a process, it is supposed to give a warning sound, it did at first, but now it doesn't even do that. not in any other program either, except Cakewalk Music Creator 2 input and output works. when I tried the Skype test call, it said that there is a problem w/my playback device, but when I disconnected my speakers and plugged in my headphones, nothing changed. It worked for over a year before this; I'm not sure what would have caused this. My electric did go off for a little this afternoon, and the computer shut off; would that have caused it?

If you got any suggestions, plz help.

--kitty

download the new one from the website, then try removing your sound card drivers, reboot and install the new ones.

Thx N3051M, but I fixed the problem (or @ least treated the symptoms :))
Turns out when I plugged the speakers into my front port they worked fine
So apparently something is wrong w/my back port or something
thx again
--kitty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back