No display among other problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so the PC i have currently has always had problems, from not recognising any boot devices to not showing any display, but i always managed one way or another to get round the issue by jsut fiddling with things, however now i don't seem to be able to get the thing working again, so thought it would be a good idea if i seek some help on the subject.

The main problem is when i boot up there is no visual display, i have tried different monitors different video cards, but to no avail. I have on some occasions managed to get the display up and running, however when that happens it only last a few minutes before the computer either freezes or restarts itself. One trick that worked was to just leave the power lead out for a while, and then plug it back in again, which lead me to think that it could be a power supply, however i have just put in another power supply, with the same problems. I am beginning to think that the only component left that can be causing these problems is the motherboard, however i don't see anything indicating that the motherboard is faulty (no burn marks or blown capicitors etc.) is there anyway to confirm that the motherboad is the problem, or any other solutions that may work in my case?

Would really, really appreciate any help here, am at the end of my tether with the silly machine :(

I have already tried that and unfortunatly the same problems still occur, which leaves me to think that the only thing left that could be causing the problem is the motherboard, but i'm not exactly an expert, i would really appreciate any help.

The motherboard is an MSI G33M-FI, if that helps at all :/

Yes, at this point I think the motherboard is bad... MSI motherboards have a higher failure rate than any other that I use here in my shop. I do like their video cards and other products though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back