No display on boot up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I recently got a four year old computer which had been overhauled. It has an amd athlong xp 2100+ in it and a new motherboard, plus more ram and a geforce 4 gpu. I checked all the connections and turned on the computer. I saw the bios screen, but then the comp died. I've tried rebooting it and nothing comes up.

I went and bought a new motherboard, the KM266PRO V2DP RTL by Jetway. It is compatible with the ahtlon xp 2100+ and up to 2 gigs of ddr333 ram (i have 1 gig) and has an integrated vga along with the agp slot for the geforce. I've inserted the cpu along with all of the other components and have tried booting up again. Once again, I did not get any display, which I guess rules out the possibility of a motherboard error.

Next, I took out my athlong 1.3 ghz cpu and replaced teh 2100+. I still get no display.

I tried popping out all the ram and nothing happened once again.
I also replaced the gpu with a geforce 2 which I know works fine. Once again no result and in addition, the on board gpu doesn't work either.

Finally i've decided to unhook the power which runs at 300w and replaced it with a 350w psu. At the same time, nothing else is powered as well. All of the drives are not powered and I still get no display. Could some one please explain to me what's wrong with the computer? In all my years, this is the first time I've had this problem.

jochai said:
I tried popping out all the ram and nothing happened once again.
One by one, right? :D

Sorry.
You could try and remove the hard drive and see if you get past POST that way. Can't think of anything else right now.

Edit: Hm, does that even work? Pardon me, I'm still learning about those things. Never tried booting bare bones myself. :)

well i've unhooked everything from teh friggin motherboard. I know that the cpu and the gpus work. any other ideas? I'm really really desperate

oh and now it starts this beeping stuff
long short long short infinetly.
neone know what's up with this?

well i went there and looked in my manual. In the manual, there is nothing stated about one long and one short., but it seems to suggest that there is a dram failure. how do you correct this?

this is a new development.
so I have a 430w psu and when I plug it in, it starts beeping and the fan on the cpu just dies.
I've tried the 300w psu and the same thign ahppens. What's wrong with this computer?! Someone please help me, I will be so much in ur debt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back