No display?

Status
Not open for further replies.
to all our computer experts there . . i have this kind of problem with my system unit because it wont display i thought that the problem is with my monitor but i test my monitor to different unit it work? so absolutely the problem is in my system unit... by the way when you press power on it will run but there is no beep?

specs:
MOBO asus p4p800s-x
processor intel p4 3.0
memory 512mb ddr
128mb agp video card

is there any sugesstion what should i do?

action taken:

clean all the contact esp. memory and video card still no luck?

any suggestion to all our expert there! thank you so much

possible solutiuons to "no power up"

12v 4 pin ATX connector is not plugged into mobo, this would make the unit not boot and not beep. and have consequently no video

ram is lose, but normally it should beep several times to inform you of this. if not beeping then all i can assume is its the PSU

video card is lose, but again it should beep saying its lose

try another PSU, and check your main 24pin power connector and 4 pin 12v connectors are firmly in and around the right way

james

if its still not posting properly, then next parts to check are CPU and ram. if those dont fix it, then by process of elimination, yes it is the mobo.

james

If it says something like no signal or sync , it means the monitor isnt at the appropriate resolution.(800 x 600..etc)
That happenned with my cousins computer because he changed the settings to a setting his monitor couldnt handle. Try using another display on your pc , try using one of the ctr monitors since those have a better time with different display resolutions. If you use the faulty pc with a diiferent monitor , and it works, try changing the display options to a setting which the monitor that isnt working can handle.

Try the monitor on another computer to see if the monitor has a few "broken" wires inside the system, After my monitor fell on the floor it had a few wires break inside and couldnt work so I had to get a new one

Also I agree with howard, It might be a PSU problem... Tell us the specs of your computer and the volts / watts of your PSU ( Powersupply )

Hope I helped :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back