No internet on 1 of 3 computers

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so heres the problem one day I coudn't connect to the internet, it was working fine the day before, and now nothing. Please keep in mind I know almost next to nothing in comparason to what I have seen posted.

I have a wireless router which is connected to one desktop and one laptop. and one laptop through wireless.

Currently I am receving internet on both laptops. So im pretty sure there isnt a problem with the ISP.
My local area connection status on the desktop says limited to no connectivity. and when i click repair, it says cant renew ip address.

when i type ipconfig in command promt it doesnt give me: connection specific DNS suffix, or Default gateway.

The one difference i notice when i type ipconfig into one of the latops is that the desktop says "autoconfiguration IP address" and the laptop jsut has IP address. I dont know if that has anything to do with the problem.

anyhelp is greatly appreciated
thannks

Hi. Try turning off your router and desktop computer for about 1 or 2 hours. Then turn both back on and see if it works. Sometimes if a router gets too hot, you will receive that message and can't connect. Letting the router and computer cool down has worked for me in the past with the same issue.

If that doesn't work, I would try to reestablish your LAN connection. Get rid of all connections in My Network Places ( view network connections ), and start from scratch the same way you did when you initially configured your internet connection. Reboot all 3 computers and reset the router before you reestablish the connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back