No mouse is working

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComputerFail

- Neither my USB mouse (G5 gaming laser mouse) or my PS/2 mouse (old 'TINY' mouse) works.
- I have checked every USB port but the USB mouse won't work (no power is getting to it either - no lights), other peripherals (my joystick for example) still works and so does my printer.
- The PS/2 mouse is not being picked up either.
- The cursor is on the screen.
- Neither of the mice are on device manager when plugged in.
- Keyboard works fine.
- PS/2 port is on in BIOS
- No recent harware or software aditions
- Maybe one cause: computer was accidently turned off at the plug whilst in use

Any help?

Ty,
ComputerFail

Currently running Kaspersky scan

It could be corrupted hard drive files from the accidental power off, a bad power supply or a bad/damaged bios in the motherboard

That may well be it actually. I have posted a previous thread about my recent computer problems and I think that this could link into it. The other thread was about RAID BSOD and HD failure!

This computer is screwed. I've had to re install everything on two different HDs like 4 times now... and the most depressing thing is, ive just recieved another 'serious error' recovery message that relates to the very first problem that i thought i solved!!!!!!!!!!!

New computer on its way!!! I think ill have to post 2 comp build reqs. :(

Went on device manager, clicked 'show hidden devices':
General Purpose USB Driver 'adildr.sys' had a yellow question mark (Code24)

This contributes?

Also, where can I find the drivers for the mice? My friend found a post on another forum that said that one should reinstall mice drivers. I cannot find these drivers in device manager, any help?

For the sake of those who find this thread and the above sujestions dont work:
My keyboard began to fail - it was recognising only a few buttons (i still have no idea why) but - like a trade-off - my mouse began to work!!! Now, both my ps/2 and usb mouse work.
I replaced the keyboard with another ps/2 keyboard and everything worked.
A matter of time!

A PS2 mouse can still be detected and operated (as a mouse) even plugged into the PS2 keyboard port. Don't ask me how I know that. Point being, it isn't very hard to see where one device could effect the other adversely.
Just as a matter of interest, there are no drivers you would have to seek for the PS2 ports, they're included in Windows itself. About the only thing someone might try in relation to a problem such as you were experiencing, would be to go to "Device Manager", and uninstall the device, the reboot the PC. Windows will reinstall the drivers at the start up, you pretty much wouldn't be able to avoid it.

The software that modifies the behavior of a mouse or keyboard, is an installed and running program, such as "M$'s "Ipoint" or "Itype", and can't really be considered a driver as such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back