No power to Toshiba Satellite L630 after replacing mobo and USB ports

Hello all. First post so bear with me. Thanks. :)

Here's the situation. I'm replacing the internals on a brand new Toshiba Satellite Pro L630 after it was doused in sweet tea. I was able to procure a new mobo and USB/Card reader board for about half the price of the laptop, and the cleaning/replacement went smoothly. Here's the rub though:

-Brand new Mobo
-Brand new card reader/USB board
-Brand new connectors

Computer accepts power, and shows powered on. Even boots. However, as soon as the USB board is plugged in, the entire rig looses power until it is unplugged and reset with the power button. Odder still, even though the old board acts a bit odd (keeps trying to turn the computer on as soon as it's plugged in), it behaves the same way. Old and new USB boards both cause the board to lose power.

I've done full electrical testing, and even though the power circuits show full power at the DC in jack, the board drops to half power and then loses it completely as soon as either USB board is plugged. Both boards behave the same even when nothing else is connected except for the USB board.

Completely lost at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The replacement motherboard is probably bad. Have I ever bought bad motherboards? YES! Both for laptops and desktops...

Back