No PS/2 Keyboard Support

Gouge

I have installed the free upgrade to Windows 10 (64 bit) on my desktop PC. Other than having to download a few additional W10 drivers, everything seemed to work OK, until I installed the Mouse and Keyboard Center. My keyboard is a Microsoft Digital Media Pro keyboard connected via PS/2. Although the log shows the conversion successful, I have lost all of the function and hot keys. It operates as a basic typing keyboard, but that's about all. As it is not a USB device, the keyboard is not recognised.

I don't really want to change my keyboard as I find the additional keys extremely useful. I have a PS/2 to USB adaptor, but I guess that isn't sufficient. I used the Intellitype/Intellipoint drivers with Windows 7 (64 bit) and had all keys functioning. I did try to re-install the W7 drivers, but failed.

Any ideas on what to do?

Thanks.

The keyboard came out around ten years ago for XP so maybe it has a USB connector rather than one for PS2? Windows 10 has no WMC so those media function keys could be redundant.

The keyboard came out around ten years ago for XP so maybe it has a USB connector rather than one for PS2? Windows 10 has no WMC so those media function keys could be redundant.
The keyboard definitely has a PS/2 connector, but also came with a PS/2 to USB adaptor.

I'm not too worried about the media keys for WMC. There are 5 assignable hot keys (Favourites) at the top which I use a lot. I also use the Function keys for specific programs. None of these now work.

Errr!!! Many apologies. I just checked the connector and, while it is plugged into the PS/2 port, it is via a USB/PS2 adaptor. (The back of the PC is under a desk so was hard to see properly.) I took off the adaptor and plugged the keyboard directly into a USB port and, guess what - the keyboard is now recognised and can be configured. So problem solved!! Thanks bazz2004.:)(y)

Back