No signal through HDMI

Jawshh

Hi,

I have a Gigabyte GA-MA785G-US2H mobo with radeon HD 4200 graphics. It has HDMI 1.3 and I have an old TV lying around which happens to have HDMI input. I just built a new PC so, I decided to hook up these 2 and make a Boxee box.

I have Ubuntu installed on the to-be boxee and on the new machine I have Windows 7 Home Premium.

When I plug in the HMDI cable, nothing happens, that is, no display on the TV. I even doubled checked everything-input, cable!

Am I doing something wrong here? The TV is a Hitachi L32S02A.

The cable is HDMI 1.3 one.

I even tried the new PC which has my Radeon HD 6770 on it-still nothing!

What should I try now?

Change your resolution to 1366x768 or lower and make sure the refresh rate is 60 before connecting to the tv..? Set tv to hdmi1 or hdmi2 input.

Change your resolution to 1366x768 or lower and make sure the refresh rate is 60 before connecting to the tv..? Set tv to hdmi1 or hdmi2 input.

Tried that, still nothing.

I got it to work though at night. I don't know how-I just left it plugged in and went to grab something to eat and when I come back I see it's displaying my Windows desktop. Btw I replaced Ubuntu with Windows 7 home premium.

I had set the resolution to 1080p with 60Hz refresh and everything was working just fine. I even tried rebooting the machine multiple times and the display worked everytime.

I even watched part of a 720p movie with sound. Everything was going well but it was late, so, I turned everything off and went to bed. In the morning, I turn on computer and there you go-no signal again!

Now, what am I supposed to do now?

I tried with a friend's laptop and HDMI works flawlessly. As soon as it's plugged into the laptops HDMI's port, the display turns on.

The problem seems to be on my desktops-both of the that is.

I'm really confused here- Any suggestions?

Back