No signal to monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
I am having trouble with my pc starting up, yesterday i went to turn it on and got no signal to the monitor although i can hear it boot up and makes sound from windows start up but no signal was detected on both my monitors, the graphics card fan is running extremely loud so i thought it might be that,
so i switched to an older card and that seemed to boot up fine but was told it was running lower since not enough power was getting to the card,
my current card is a 9800gtx+ and it requires 2 separate power connections my older card doesn't so it's less power hungry by a long shot.

so where is the problem lying would you suspect my mobo is toast or the psu?
it's not a new pc btw has been running fine for 2 years and psu is more than capable of running it.

Hi kitaz.

If your system works fine with your older card, then your motherboard is not "toast". What are the specs of your older card? Also, what PSU are you presently using? Also ensure that both power connectors are plugged into the GPU.

Before putting in the 9800GTX did you uninstall all previous graphics drivers?

My older card is a 7800gt which has no extra power inputs like the 9800gtx, the older card at least allows me to boot up and give a signal to the monitor but tells me it's not receiving sufficient power, my pcu is corsair 650watt, i also plugged in my older psu and still got the same problem so that kinda rules that out. drivers are up to date for both graphics cards

My older card is a 7800gt which has no extra power inputs like the 9800gtx, the older card at least allows me to boot up and give a signal to the monitor but tells me it's not receiving sufficient power

When you plug in the 7800GT it says that it's not getting enough power? That's very strange considering that you own a Corsair 650TX. Could you post a screenshot of the message that you get?

7800gt was connected wrong, my mistake. my pc works perfectly with the older card now but the 9800gtx is faulty in that i get no picture and the fans run at full speed and are loud, but the strange thing is it worked once on start up but havn't been able to start it up again, really not sure how to go about it, seems to be a bad connection somewhere in the card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back