No sound from my PC

hi...i wonder if anyone can help me i have no sound coming from my pc. i have checked every possible thing ie.device manager all is good there.volume etc no mutes checked all the cables alls good even plugged an mp3 in to check the output through the speakers all clear...but still no sound from my pc...i downloaded all the latetest drivers everything is up to date.

i was on the onboard sound system REALTEK which was ok...even after i had installed a HD3450 ATI RADEON GRAPHICS CARD...now when i check in device manager ATI SOUND DRIVER comes up but no sign of REALTEK?

i checked the programme files and opened the REALTEK folder and tried to run the sound mixer?...no go...so i removed the folder and downloaded a whole new REALTEK which is installed...still no go...

if anyone could help me in any way at all i would be really grateful as i am now puzzled what to do now apart from disabling the ATI sound stuff and installing a new soundcard etc...which i dont really want to do because of the cost...

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP...regards roy

I am some what confused. You installed an ATI HD 3450 graphics card and now your audio drivers have disappeared?

hm ... does your card have an HDMI output, by chance?

yes indeed i have just checked and the graphics card does have an HDMI output? do you reckon that this could have knocked out the onboard sound and if so would it be possible for me to disable the ATI sound driver in device manager and then enable the onboard sound in bios?...i dont know if the graphics card is compatible with my motherboard which is a MSI.ms7173...should have checked before i bought it i guess but it was cheap so beggars cant be choosers!...hahahahahaha...

wow many thanks for your help folks...heres what i did to get the sound back...first i disabled the ATI driver and then went into bios and enabled REALTEK...saved that then rebooted the pc and YIPPEE sound cometh forth...once again thanks for your help...all the best roy...

oh just before i go just one last niggling big problem...every now and again while i am working at my pc it will for no apparent reason just lock up...a blue screen appears with the words...ATI2DVAG driver has gone into a loop???...what the hells that all about??? then i have to reboot and start all over again...i thought that maybe updating all the dirvers using driver genius but it hasnt made any difference...is there anyone else suffering from this problem? regards.roy

Excellent!

As for the ati2dvag driver error, you might try updating your BIOS from the link techsuitor posted.

wow many thanks for your help folks...heres what i did to get the sound back...first i disabled the ATI driver and then went into bios and enabled REALTEK...saved that then rebooted the pc and YIPPEE sound cometh forth...once again thanks for your help...all the best roy...

oh just before i go just one last niggling big problem...every now and again while i am working at my pc it will for no apparent reason just lock up...a blue screen appears with the words...ATI2DVAG driver has gone into a loop???...what the hells that all about??? then i have to reboot and start all over again...i thought that maybe updating all the dirvers using driver genius but it hasnt made any difference...is there anyone else suffering from this problem? regards.roy
Hi roy

Pygmus hit it on the head in his earlier post when he asked about HDMI: you installed an ATI graphics card with HDMI so it comes with its own sound hardware.

ALSO NOTE:
> There's no reason you can't have BOTH ATI and Realtek enabled (i do something similar on machine even as we speak :) )
> Part of the "trick" is making sure
===> Both the ATI and Realtek sound hardware is detected
===> Both ATI and Realtek drivers are installed and the devices enabled
====> Make sure the right default playback device is enabled!!! (Look at footnote #4 at end of [post=926040]Reference Guide to Help Setup and Troubleshoot Windows Audio and Sound Cards[/post]

Back