No sound output on Windows 7 x64

I've got a problem here. I recently got a new graphics card (gtx 650 ti), but after installing it my sound went dead on reboot. Since then I've reinstalled the realtek hd driver, uninstalled the nvidia drivers, and even uninstalled both to use the windows generic drivers. Still no sound.

After that I had restored my system to a time the sound was working, and there was STILL no sound. I've spent a full day trying to solve this. I'm at a complete loss at what could be causing this problem and would really appreciate some help with this.

System specs:

Operating System
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

CPU
Intel Core i5 3450 @ 3.10GHz
Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology

RAM
16.0 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 673MHz (9-9-9-24)

Motherboard
ASRock Z77 Extreme3 (CPUSocket)

Graphics
Acer X193W (1440x900@60Hz)
Intel HD Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti

Hard Drives
932GB Western Digital WDC WD10EADS-22M2B0 ATA Device (SATA)

Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH40N ATA Device

Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

Hi triwa,

If you right click on your sound icon in the tray icon area (bottom right hand side) and click Playback devices, what devices can you see in there.

I'm assuming of course you're using Win7/8.

If you've reinstalled the drivers without error as you said, you should have some working devices in there...

Cheers.

There was a functioning device on the sound control. It was also picking up sound from the system. I had thought I may have sparked the motherboard when I had installed it, though I don't remember doing so. I ended up purchasing a new audio controller and that fix the problem.
Thank you for trying to help though. Much appreciated.

Check the clean install option when install the nVidia driver (custom install). Download it from their site, dont use the disk.

Back