No sound related problem

Windows Xp SP3
on board sound-card,everything works,sound works, until a day when someone set volume to max from the speakers(thats what the user said), the computer freezes and restarts. Since then no sound but the computer show that everything is OK (drivers OK,no conflict,winamp shows that music plays) the speakers works connected to phone.Reinstalling windows everything OK drivers OK no sound :|,i disabled the sound card and installed a new PCI 5.1 sound-card after 3 days the same problem,i went to check the computer the same scenario,i tested the sound-card in other computer and no sound.Do the speakers have a short circuit or something?

When you tested the sound card in the other computer, did you use the same speakers? Maybe the speakers are no good.

what kind of speakers are they just curious... and you said the NEW sound card you installed stoped dident work in another PC?... i suppose its possible you have horrible luck and the card was just faulty... other than that i would try it again and not hook the same speakers up, possible the speakers are takeing to much power? run Diags on the system and test the motherboard... i use Microscope 2000 and a few other of my secret disks :D... what kind of computer is it also... it may have its own built in diags

Back