NO SOUND? Sound device Not INSTALLED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok here is My problem i had a buddy clean up my pC and now i dont have Audio it says. There Are No Active Drivers available. To install mixer drivers, go to Control Panel, click Printers and Other Hardware, and then click add hardware,

i have a Compact Presario SR1802HM

i've tried everthing!!

Please Help...:confused:

I assume this is onboard audio? If so, I'd first contact HP/Compaq and tell them of your issue.

If you can find out what audio chipset is on your motherboard you may be able to go to the manufacturer's website and download their latest drivers.

If you have a recovery disk by all means use it.

Edit: In fact how about this - http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?lc=en&cc=fr&lang=fr&dlc=fr&product=1843683&os=228#

It looks like you had RealTek audio drivers but I only did a quick glance.

The drivers are available at your www.hp.com Compaq Presario website for that model, Download them, and follow EXACTLY the instructions on how to install them.
If they are then not detected, take a very careful look at all your connections. The audio card inside that unit burns out easily, and is easily damaged by static electricity. If you used a blower, or a vacuum cleaner, or anything other that canned air gas to clean it, you may have damaged it. Since it is an integral part of your motherboard, you will not easily repair it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back