No video on HP dv9700

Status
Not open for further replies.

KINGMEET

Hey Guys,

I have DV9700 and it does no show video.

Things I have done:

Checked the ram to make sure it was secured correctly.
Hooked it up to several monitors.
Repeated the power on power off test.
Bang it around a few times(JK)

That's what I did so far. So now I am thinking the video card is bad, or the inverter,
Or the SCREEN Is bad. I want to know if the inverter in a DV2000 will fit into a DV9700. For I had the same problem with my Toshiba, and I had a bad ram slot. SO I figured that my 9700 was doing the same thing also. Can someone help me.

Well if your comfortable fiddling with what is inside the laptop, then you can try, if there is more then 1 stick, Take out each stick of RAM and test them seperately. Try taking out the Wifi card, CD Drive, Hard Drive. See if you can get it to post with any of these disconnected. It's long and dedious.

When you connect an External monitor to the laptop, do you give it about 10seconds, then hold the FN key and Hit.. F5? Depends on the laptop but which ever function key is set to switch to external monitor.

If you dont have the FN key you might have to hold ALT then press an F key, it isn't always F5 but it's on there somewhere..

If it is still not posting with a new screen, all hardware unattached, I'd say the motherboard is either dead or shorting somehow..

I assume all the lights on the front panel come on? Try also starting it with the cord plugged in, NO Battery. And vice-versa. Battery only, no external power...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back