No Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingnut13

Hey all! I have a comp that has no video. It powers up fine, no error codes or beeps, all fans running, and lights are on. Just no video. It has a PCI Express x16 card in it. All i have to swap out to tell if its bad is a PCI card. When i put it in i still have to video. I tried all the slots still nothing. Does CMOS need to be changed to regular PCI for video? If it does i cant see it anyway to change it. Should i just get a new PCI Express card or try a AGP card? Thanks for any help.

Yeah it had no output, and no it doesn't have OB video. I picked up a new pci express card it it fixed it. Thanks for you help.

I ran into this problem on someone else's computer this week. The video card was working ok and so was the monitor. I tried using the recovery console to repair the problem but that did fix it. I then tried using windows repair and it too did not fix it. So, I then recalled that I had another hard drive sitting around that had 98se on it and another one that had xp on it. I temporarily removed the old drive and replaced it with one of the others I had. Upon boot, I noticed everything worked fine. Had the video card not worked at all, it still would not have worked with the other hard drives.

I then removed the temp hard drive and reinstalled the original hard drive that I had previously removed.

I then plugged in the system to a different monitor. It still did not work. This then told me that the problem was the system's video drivers. I then partitioned then formatted the hard drive and reinstalled windows. Everything worked fine after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back