Nobody's Talkin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

captaincranky

I can't seem to find out what is required in the way of a PSU for the GS-8400 and GT-8500 Nvidia card series. I've tried downloading several manuals from different makers and all I've gotten is every spec but wattage.

I'm guessing either 300 or 350 Watts (respectively) or 350 or 400 Watts (respectively), but it would be nice to see it in writing. Anybody ?

Any Moderator, I did a whoops thinking I was in "Audio and Video" when I started the thread. Please feel free to make me look smarter by placing it there......, he said sheepishly.

Mystery Resolved.......

That's a really decent site for such things. I bookmarked it.
You're probably spot on as to PSU requirements, especially with my G31 board and stock clocked Pent Dual Core E2200'
Thanks much.

I think that's the first time I've come across that site :). Anyway, you're welcome and good luck with your purchases, captaincranky!

Absolutely you can run that on a 350W PSU. I'm convinced 99% of "educated" buyers purchase PSUs way over what they actually need.

When a system like mine pulls 241W under heavy load gaming you have to wonder how many people actually need those 750W PSUs.

Have to go along with the Tedster on this one. The 30% headroom sounds right. I myself would move up to at least a 500 watt psu. This way, if you upgrade (especially a better cpu chip), you'll still have a buffer zone.

8500GT
http://www.evga.com/products/moreInfo.asp?pn=512-P2-N747-LR
Requirements
Minimum of a 350 Watt power supply.
(Minimum recommended power supply with +12 Volt current rating of 18 Amp Amps.)
Minimum 400 Watt for SLI mode system.
(Minimum recommended power supply with +12 Volt current rating of 20 Amp Amps.)

8400GS
http://www.evga.com/products/moreInfo.asp?pn=256-P2-N735-LR
Requirements
Minimum of a 300 Watt power supply.
(Minimum recommended power supply with +12 Volt current rating of 18 Amp Amps.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back