Normal Fan RMP Range?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilFallenAngel

Here are my specs.
MSI K8N Diamond Plus
Antec TruePower II 550W 12v dual rails
MSI 8800GTS 640E
Antec Super Lanboy moded with 4 x 120mm fans 3 at 2400RPM 1 at 1200RPM , 2 intake 2 exhaust
AMD Athlon 64 3700 San Diego 2.2 939
1GB Corsair PC3200 XMS Dual Channel
36GB 10k RPM Raptor
Sony 52x CD-ROM, Sony 16x Dual Layer DVD/CD Burner.

When I first start up my PC, my CPU fan speed is around 1000 RPM, and my MSI utility which monitors CPU/System voltage, fan rpm and temp alarms when CPU fan speed is around 992 RPM I was wondering if this is normal with cool n quiet. Keep in mind my temp at start up is around 30C, and gradually goes up as pc warms up, at full load I think its 40C-45C and RPM around 1600-2000 depending on temp. Is this an issue, or should I just set the alarm lower to like 900RPM for when it alarms. I just dont want to brush off a potential issue and find out my CPU fan is going, this happens every once in a while maybe 1 out 5 cold starts, but as system warms up it goes away as the fan speeds up as temp goes up.

Thanks your input is greatly appreciated.

Cool'n'quiet will lower the speed & the voltage of the CPU, it will not change the speed of the CPU fan. The motherboard however can be made to work alongside cool'n'quiet & lower the fan speed once the CPU goes below a certain temperature. I do believe you can find that option somewhere in the BIOS & change the values of that setting if need be.

For your alarm you should set it below 900RPM or you can simply leave it as it is if the alarm going off for a few seconds doesn't bother you too much. I had an Athlon64 3000+ on a MSI K8n Neo Platinum not so long ago myself & I had set it to completely shut off the fan when it got below a certain temperature so an alarm would've been quite annoying in my case.

Yeah I have seen the option for the fan speed to go along with temp in bios, it asks to do stepping or smart fan something. I saw it work with it, but i might be mistaken. I'll just lower RPM alarm to like 800-900, I just wanted to make sure my fan was working properly and wanted to know what normal fan RPM were for retail AMD 64 3700 939 San Diego.

Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back