Norton Sys Works Liveupdate prob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xusn96

Hi folks,
I recently, (3/10/04), received and installed System Works 2004, (upgrade from System works 2003). I update via liveupdate manually. the first time I ran the live update as part of the installation process, it DL'd the usual 1-2 MB + of expected updates as progs are want to do. However every time since then, the update has been 80.5kb in size, finishes normally, but now my virus definitions have rolled back to 12/16/2003, and no matter haow many times i run the live updater, it says the same thing and the def. date does not change.....Now I hav had Sys Works 2003 for a yr, (reason for update), and not once ever had a prob. I tried to DL liveupdater from Symantec, but it said liveupdate was up to date LOL. And don't u know all the support at the Symantec website is automated, so i cant ask it the questions I want and get an answer that means something useful............Any ideas on how i can get the updater working.....do i need to uninstall/reinstall?

Thank You in advance for your assistance

WinXP home, Norton Sys Works 2004, ZAPro 4.5.538.001, P4 1.6, 512MB ram, 60GB, Nvidia GF4 MX440 64MB, 256kDSL

If you can roll back to where Sysworks 2003 was still working, you'll be fine. Then DON'T install NSW2004, but sell it to someone else (the upgrades are really full versions...)

There was absolutely no need to upgrade to NSW2004. If you do, you are in the same s..t as with M$ in that you have to activate the bloody stuff with Symantec.

Ty for ur reply.....however i did a full uninstall and reinstall and it is now working properly.....besides it was update or resubscribe

I have found that if you just re-install most Norton products you instantly get 12 months subscription from the day you install them.

That's true Hodsocks. I have found that the latest version of Systemworks is free after rebate at least once a year here. I just get the new version and have another year of free updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back