Noticed Something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol..ture yeah...even i wonder but i think it ws more of a disappointment coz the game didnt keep u interested enuf...as in u keep doin the same stuff and aftr the initial 'thing' is over i guess its pretty much a boring game..

man.. so disappointed.. shame on Crytek... maybe they meant it to be like that so that people will buy the 8800 and 9800 series.. coz maybe Nvidia was having a hard time selling those cards..

What?

Why post this. It looks suspecious considering your post count. I'm not sure of all the tricks the industry uses for gameplay footage, I know that sometimes they do use prerendered footage in their videos, perhaps Crysis used the same. It isn't just Crysis that looks fantastic in trailers and then performs sluggishly on home PCs.

ryu88, how was Crysis a disappointment? What were your expectations? It was a good game and required good hardware to run. There was no doing of the same stuff over and over, the game was very dynamic. I suspect you never played it, or if you did you never got past the first level.

GM360, nvidia was not having any problems selling 8800 series cards, and the 9800s weren't even out when Crysis was released.

I know, I was just speculating. Because I expected Crysis to run smoothly. But sadly it didn't reach my expectation.

How many games really run in consumers' computers as smoothly as they are demoed in PR videos or at gaming expos? Do these demos ever say what kind of PCs and graphics settings were used?

I can tell you that the game runs nice and smooth for me at 1920x1200 ;)

Can't help it - gotta do it for a little while at least - just built the new beast ;)

Maybe because they know tweaks that we can't do? I know its random, but it may be true. :/

I agree with skitzo_zac!

exactly! I'm doubting that there's something that's locking up the game to make it slower, then once Nvidia and ATI releases the new cards, those guys at crytek will release a new patch designed for those cards and somehow unlock something to make the game faster. LOL

Mictlantecuhtli said:
How many games really run in consumers' computers as smoothly as they are demoed in PR videos or at gaming expos?

Those that use the Source Engine. The best engine ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back