Nvidia display settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

taffia77

I'm convinced what I want to happen is possible, but no matter how much tweaking I do I can't ever seem to get it right.

I've got a Nividia Geforce 5500 card. Running in dualview, I want to be able to spark up mediaplayer/powerdvd and the video play in full screen on the TV but in windowed format on the monitor.

Ideally I'd like to collapse the monitor's window completely, but when I do this the video hangs on the TV, even tho the sound continues.

Also windows (mainly dialogs) keep popping into the TV display when I open them, and I want them to only appear on my monitor.

Other times, the video plays full screen on the monitor and makes the TV what I presume is the primary display. It can be the case that if the TV is not the primary display then videos won't play AT ALL (!) on the TV, but run in the mediaplayer window.

I'm really struggling to get this to happen all at once, I seem to have to compromise on one aspect or the other, but my system must be able to handle it because I did, at one time (though I have no idea what I did), have this happen on a P3 with a Geforce 440MX, so my P4 should be able to eat this up. I'm running all the latest drivers, so it's a case of fiddling with the settings, but I'm going round in circles.

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Hello

Need to kow more about your system.
If you did this with a p3, what ver windows.
And not able to do this same thing on p4, what ver. of windows
and what hardware?
Almost sounds like a software issue,
taffia77 said:
I want to be able to spark up mediaplayer/powerdvd and the video play in full screen on the TV but in windowed format on the monitor.
mediaplayer 10?

Have you tried ohter power dvd software?

G'Luck

SOcRatEs said:
Need to kow more about your system.
If you did this with a p3, what ver windows.
And not able to do this same thing on p4, what ver. of windows
and what hardware?
Almost sounds like a software issue,

mediaplayer 10?

Have you tried ohter power dvd software?

G'Luck

Hi mate, thanks for the reply

First off I'm using MP10 and PowerDVD 6. Tho MP10 is my preferred option.

Both systems had XP Pro installed, tho I think I was on MP9 on the P3

Thinking about it, the "hanging video" happened on the P3 too, but I had everything else down to a tee. I'm sure it's the way I've got my settings in the nvidia driver, I just can't for the life of me get them back. System now is far superior to the P3 (256Mb RAM v 512, Geforce 440MX v 5500, P3 500Mhz v P4 3Ghz) Hope this helps to help me!

Are you horizontal spanning across monitors
or cloning? just so I'm clear.
Are you running multiple instantances of same program,
in this case, PowerDVD 6?
Or
are you wanting to view same dvd with MP10 & dvd6 simultainiously?
I think I'm also getting lost with the tv in the mix.
Is this a Svideo out connection to tv?

You could probably try a different driver or even zplayer. Nvidia drivers are getting a bit weird these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back