Nvidia Geforce 6600 gt driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

t8c8

Hi,
i reformatted my pc just now and looked for a driver. The nvidia site gave me a "general" file compatible with all drivers from the 4th or 5th series to the 9th i think.
When i installed it, there was a message saying it wasnt compatible witht he windows logo or smthing, but i continuedit anyway. Now there's a problem with it. I checked the device manager and there's a "!" on it. sooo i'm still looking for the right driver.

btw, how do u know if u'r going to look for 32 bit or 64 bit? i dnt understand these much yet... and i dnt know where my cd is... so if someone can get me the solo driver for this, much appreciated. :)

To Check Your OS Click Start And Look To The Very Left Going Vertically Up The Start Menu. It Will Tell You What It Is, For Example Me: Windows Xp Professional x64 Edition.

First off, which drivers are you trying to download. The new GForce drivers will work, to some extent, but for gpu's that are version 6 or 7, the best driver is 182.08 Reason being is that they are geared for performance for series 8 and above. Part of the problem is that PhysX is included in the driver package, and the series 6 & 7 just doesn't support some of the options that are included. Case in point: "I had to turn off multi-core rendering in games such as Left for Dead" for the game to run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back