Nvidia geforce gtx860m won't go above 30 fps

Help !

I've bought the new gaming laptop ( not really new ) MSI ge60 apache pro 003 with GPU nvidia geforce gtx860m , the problem that I've not getting fps more than 20 - 30 ive tried 3DMARK test and got 0.6 fps on 4K test ! and tried Dota 2 on ULTRA and got about 20 fps ,, can anyone help me please :D

Try lowering some of the settings when conducting these "tests". Your computer is not designed for 4K, so that explains the 0.6 fps in 3DMARK. Your MAX resolution is 1920x1080 (4K UHD resolution is 3840x2160 and higher). And DOTA 2, simply run it at High settings instead of Ultra and see what you can get with your fps. Just because it is advertised as a "Gaming Laptop", does not mean that you can run everything at its highest settings.
Also, are you running the latest video drivers?

Hey

tanks for your replay :D

I dont know what I did but in the same settings Dota 2 reach 110 FPS ! That was awesome :D

yeah all drivers are up to date and I run it from nvidia experience ..

Anyway , have onther Question , the I7 reach 85 degree !!!! while playing 20 min Dota in max settings !? , and this pic after running the laptop for 10 min , the ideal temp. is 55 !! is that normal ??

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    11.1 KB · Views: 1
The max operating temperature of the i7 4700HQ is 100°C. So I would generally say that you are fine with the temps that of idle and under load. Idle temps usually run half of max temp on laptops, because they do not have a very good cooling system to keep it cool.

When I say the 4700HQ it covers mostly all within that class of chips (example: the 4710HQ, 4720HQ, 4750HQ, etc.) They all have a maximum operating temperature of 100°C. So you are still within your normal operating range of temperatures.

Back