Nvidia Onboard Card Conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right i have been trying to get this to work for some time now and its really starting to get me annoyed.

So i have just bought a new computer but i intend to upgrade the computer with a new graphics card.

The Computer is an Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 @2.33 GHZ, it has 4GB of RAM and an onboard Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce 7100 / NVidia nForce 630i and its OS is Vista (32)

The card i wish to insert is a PCI-E Nvidia Geforce 9400 GT (512mb).

So i put the card in and what not, made sure the connection was valid and then started up the computer to find that the PCI Express Standard Root Port shuts down. And thus i cannot actually use the card. Now i have tried millions of things to get this to work such as:
  1. Resetting the bios
  2. Disabling the on board card using device manager
  3. Re-installing Vista
  4. Downloading new drivers for everything
  5. updating my version of vista
  6. Checked everywhere on google

Now this has taken me about 8 hours and i currently do not have the card installed in the computer and i am running the on board graphics card. Now i have multiple options of which to proceed and i'm just curious to what other people think i should do. Disabling the onboard graphics card using device manager is what i'm thinking of doing, i cannot do it via the bios as its just not do-able.

So please let me know if you can lend a hand,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back